As a writer there are always characters moving around in my head. This particular one has spoken the loudest lately so I'm committing her to print.
______________________________________________
Kylie
Kylie was weighing what few options she had. She knew from the start of this chase,the oversized goon sniffing her out had dropped his piece. Nothing else clatters to the ground like a big old pistol. He kept pace as best he could, till she had darted inot this warehouse, so it's not likely he went back to get it. Not that it increased her odds. He was going into his taunting mode. "I know you're in here. Just a matter of time before we meet up and I end this." Kylie could hear him stop moving after he spoke, hoping to get a fix on her position. Kylie had dropped to a crawl as she moved, spread her weight out to make less noise. This is not going to end good if you don't think of something girl. There was an office cubicle and Kylie quick-crawled in that direction. Mr. Goon was now getting closer. "Why don't you just come out and save us both a lot of trouble. I'll make it quick." He stopped again.
Kylie got into position just inside the office cubicle door. From her crawl, she rolled onto her back. She figured to lure him in, and maybe get a chance to catch him at the ankle and hobble the oversized problem until she could finish making her getaway. He was way too close now, and his tone went from menacing to Grim Reaper. "Okay honey, know this, when I find you I'm gonna squeeze the life out of you." Kylie fumbled out her lighter and pitched it to the back corner of the room. Before the sound died away monster man was through the doorway, and into the room. Just as Kylie drew her foot back he caught sight of her movement and spun to face her. Kylie didn't hesitate and drove the heel of her foot into his groin with enough force to bring him up on his toes. the blow was enough that he went down without breaking his fall and his head made a solid thunk on the floor.
Kylie's thoughts that this was over faded quickly when his eyes popped open and fixed on her. She swiveled around just enough to deliver another blow with the heel of her foot directly to his face. After that he was still enough that Kylie figured she better be anyplace but here. As she stepped over him to clear the room she said. "You know, I really hate to do the groin thing to you guys, but sometimes a girl's got no choice ."
___________________________________________________
No comments:
Post a Comment