Friday, October 28, 2011

HOW?

                                                  HOW?

Still at the same impasse. The lack of interest is a hurdle that so far seems impossible to clear. The thought that at least folks would give me a try had crossed my mind. I guess it is just human nature to discount what is foreign. I often feel like The Brother From Another Planet when I talk to black folks about my  novel. The first response is a question, "did you write this?", followed by, "sure i'll take your card", which they obviously discard as useless.  Then they get together with their girlfriends to go see The Help.  Were it not for the positive reviews from those that have read my work, I would take the hint and put away my pen. I had a good talk with a friend that advised me to keep the faith. My reply was that I would do my best to hang on to the notion that everybody has to start somewhere. Why not behind the Glass wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment